If you or someone you know needs help, 211 may be able to assist you.
To be connected with a Community Resource Specialist, do one of the following:
- Speak with a Community Resource Specialist:
- If you live in Chattanooga and have a 423 area code, dial 2-1-1
- If you live within the 16 counties covered by 211 and do not have a 423 area code, dial 423-265-8000
- If you live in Alabama or Georgia, dial 1-866-921-3035
- Text your zip code to 898-211 to start a text chat
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This free, local service is available Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
What is 2-1-1?
2-1-1 is a free and confidential service helping people across the Tennessee Valley find the local resources they need when they need them. One call to 2-1-1 connects you to someone who can help you navigate the maze of human services to get you to the help you need. 2-1-1 offers information about food, housing, employment, transportation, health services, eldercare, and other crisis hotlines. Our trained information and referral specialists can help you find resources for all of these needs and more. Contact 2-1-1 to speak with a Community Resource Specialist about your needs.
Add your organization to the 2-1-1 resource database
If your organization focuses on providing a social service, you can join the 2-1-1 resource database. Qualifying organizations are 501(c)3 non-profits, government agencies, faith-based organizations or other organizations that contribute to social services.