Careers & Internships
When you work at United Way, you’re part of a group that is making Greater Chattanooga a better place for everyone.
Core Competencies of Staff
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
United Way of Greater Chattanooga is committed to equal opportunity employment by affirming the value of diversity and by promoting an environment free from discrimination. UWGC encourages people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.