Tax season is approaching, and you can give or receive help through free tax assistance programs. Here’s how it works.

If you make less than $54,000 per year, have a disability or speak limited English, you likely qualify for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. If you’re 60 years of age or older, you likely qualify for Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE). That means volunteers can assist you with preparing your federal tax filing at no charge.

The times and locations listed below are where you can get help with your taxes. Here’s a list of what to bring with you to your site.

Interested in volunteering as a VITA tax preparer? Read these FAQs and sign up via Urban League.