Website Reflection Riding
Experience the best of nature at Reflection Riding’s Summer Camps! We are seeking enthusiastic and caring counselors to provide a unique outdoor experience for young campers from ages 5 to 12. Counselors will be positive role models and help campers have a safe and fun experience on our 300 acre campus. The best way to ensure a great experience is to participate in all of the activities with the campers. We will focus on the philosophy of nature play, self-exploration, and counselors being facilitators, not teachers. Being a camp counselor is an enriching and very important job that can make a difference in a child’s life. Come be a part of this amazing experience! Learn more about Reflection Riding summer camp here.
- Supervise groups of children ages 5-12 in an outdoor setting in all weather elements (hot, humid, muddy and rainy!)
- Lead campers and implement environmental education activities (hikes, animal demonstrations, science exploration activities, etc) and exploration on a daily basis with enthusiasm and care
- Maintain a positive and nurturing environment throughout the day
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff including site assessment for potential hazards, keeping campers hydrated, etc.
- Provide First Aid and CPR as needed (training provided)
- Love being outside with kids all day, every day while being enthusiastic, kind and cheerful
- Be at least 18 years old
- Experience and passion for teaching and working with children
- Be a team player and participate in all aspects of camp
Training and Certifications Training:
- There will be several days of training for counselors to prepare for camp and build an understanding of the philosophy of our work.
- Certifications: Counselors must complete all training, including First Aid and CPR training, prior to the beginning of camp.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. This job is an outdoor and active position! Employees will be expected to walk up to 5 miles with groups of children each day and must be capable of staying focused during this time. This position also requires lifting and carrying supplies up to 20 lbs. and having good physical agility. This is an outdoor facility, so employees must be able to work in an area with allergens and maintain a high level of performance even in inclement weather, including but not limited to rain, snow, and high and low temperatures. When carrying out the duties of this position, the employee must be willing to be out in the elements (we work rain or shine) and exposed to allergens, yellow jackets, wasps, mosquitoes, and other pests.
Reflection Riding believes that equal opportunity is important for the continuing success of our organization. In accordance with state, federal, and local laws, RRANC intends to comply with all laws that preclude discrimination because of race, disability, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, and any other protected classification. This policy applies to all activities of Reflection Riding, including but not limited to, employment, selection of volunteers, purchasing, and selecting vendors or consultants. Reflection Riding defines discrimination to include, but not necessarily be limited to, the denial of services, employment, or volunteer opportunities to any class of individuals in a manner that negatively restricts opportunities to that class of individuals.
Salary/Hourly Wage: $10-$15/hour
How to Apply: Please email [email protected] with subject line “Camp Counselor” include a resume or bio and tell us about why you’re interested in this opportunity. Please use a PDF or word document for the resume and save your file in this format: LastName-FirstName.pdf.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org