Website The Samaritan Center
SOCIAL SERVICES CASE MANAGER
The Samaritan Center is a faith-based non-profit that provides community-based social services to families and adults aiming at self-sufficiency. We are seeking a compassionate and dedicated case manager to join our team. In this role, you will use your degree in social work and social services experience to provide support and guidance to individuals and families in need. To get to know you better, submit a cover letter and resume to the email listed below.
The Social Services Case Manager role is a full-time professional position on-site in Ooltewah, TN. Reporting to the Social Services Director, the Case Manager manages a caseload of clients, conducts intake interviews, and develops and implements service plans. The Case Manager will also be responsible for referrals to other services, short-term case management, and crisis intervention as needed. The listed tasks are illustrative only and are not a listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this posting. Essential duties/responsibilities:
- Provides social work expertise with limited case management.
- Assess clients’ needs and qualifications using an intake process and review of clients’ required documentation.
- Utilize a case management style of service allocation where clients’ needs are taken care of first but with the ultimate goal of addressing root issues and providing education.
- Initiate and maintain communication with other community service agencies.
- Identify other community assistance resources available to meet other needs presented during assistance provided by the Samaritan Center.
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- Dependable, punctual, and honest in dealing with time and resources
- Able to follow directions, take initiative, and be a self-starter
- Calm when under stress and be flexible
- Able to keep detailed, comprehensive notes, good writing skills, including spelling and grammar.
- Patient and understanding when working with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Adept at working on multiple assignments and priorities simultaneously.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field (Required)
- Experience with nonprofit social services and facilitating life skill classes.
- Full working knowledge of MS Office and Google applications.
- The ability to understand a household budget is Preferred.
- Have great organizational skills.
- Skilled at maintaining effective professional standards
- Requires sitting, standing, bending, and reaching and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines.
- This position will require lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Must have the ability to help set up the room for the different classes and programs the Samaritan Center offers.
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- 4 day work week
- Typical work schedule: Monday – Thursday, 8am – 5 pm with a rare Friday
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Qualified Employer Under Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- RelyMD – virtual urgent care (TeleHealth)
Visit our website, thesamaritancenter.net to learn more about the services we provide.
Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org