Website The Tennessee Aquarium
The Tennessee Aquarium, rated the best Aquarium in America for overall guest satisfaction, attracts over 750,000 visitors each year. We are looking for a positive, energetic individual with excellent customer engagement skills and experience to assist guests with information regarding the Aquarium, IMAX, ticketing, memberships, and any other special events, while supporting the Aquarium’s mission to connect people with nature and empower them to make informed decisions about water and wildlife.
- Be a one-stop source for all guest questions concerning the Aquarium hours, ticket prices, directions, memberships, IMAX movies, parking, etc.
- Provide information and assist with new ticket reservations, and/or change existing reservations
- Able to use ticketing programs to research guests’ bookings and look up membership details
- Reconcile cash drawers
- Handle long lines of customers for several hours during peak season
- Upsell add-on experiences and/or memberships to guests while maintaining results within departments’ average metrics
- Effectively handle visitors’ requests and/or complaints and provide service recovery when appropriate.
- Enter all survey information (zip codes and/or phone numbers) for each transaction
- High school diploma or some college preferred
- Two years of sales/customer service experience
- Able to operate a cash drawer and handle money (basic math)
- Proactive and persuasive selling skills
- Excellent communication and enthusiastic interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work in both an indoor and outdoor environment as needed Seasonal, hourly (Feb-Sept, $14/hour); 20-25 hours/week, some weekends required.
- All submissions must be received by January 25, 2024.
Salary/Hourly Wage: $14.00/hour
How to Apply: To apply, submit an online application through the Aquarium’s INTERNAL career site at https://tnaqua.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
To apply for this job please visit tnaqua.applicantpro.com.