Community Response & Relief
Our partners are working around the clock to ensure every person in our community has the food and resources they need to get through the challenging days ahead. Below are some of the ways you can get involved. Please note that this page will be updated on a regular basis as opportunities become available.
- Chattanooga Area Food Bank
- They are in desperate need of more volunteers than usual to help pack and distribute food to those in need. Learn more and sign-up to volunteer here .
- YMCA of Metropolitan Chattanooga
- Click here to sign up for a slot to volunteer with the School Closure Food Program.
- Hamilton County Schools
- Hamilton County Schools is in need of volunteers to help maintain bus deliveries during school closure. Click here to learn more and sign up.
- City of Chattanooga
- Help keep older adults aware of what is happening with the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to help with the Senior Citizen Virtual Phone Bank.
- American Red Cross
- Donate Blood- The American Red Cross now faces a severe blood shortage due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations during this coronavirus outbreak. Click here and enter code SETNARC019.
- Chattanooga Community Kitchen
- Chattanooga Room In The Inn
- There is a huge need for daytime childcare. Please contact Beth Granberry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LaPaz needs bilingual volunteers to assist with their phone bank and direct people in need to the resources that are available. Click here to volunteer.
Regular updates and case-specific needs are surfacing on a moment-to-moment basis. To view and share these opportunities follow us on our social accounts.
The following resources are national, state and local ways to track ongoing developments:
- Hamilton County Health Department
- Coronavirus Hotline: 423-209-8383 (currently open Monday – Friday from 8 am – 6 pm)
- Tennessee Department of Health
- Georgia Department of Health
- Center for Disease Control
- TFP Coronavirus Landing Page (FREE)